The Legacies Of Trees

The Legacies Of Trees
Children face loss in the best of homes. Adoption is not always a better life but a different one. Support The Legacies of Trees.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Birth Mother

Slur of illegitmacy,
Is this some conspiracy ?
Punished for no crime and severed from my past.
In my first days of life they took me from you.
Dry eyes carried me away and I didn't know why
It was nothing new for them to see, just another little wanderer
I remember your voice as I listen to the falling rain
All I can think about is you, but you gave me away
You didn't die, so I couldn't cry
Instead I felt betrayed.
Through all those complex years my heart was fillled with pain.
Were you thinking of me too underneath the starry sky?
Less and less every year as I faded from your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment